Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

I want to dance. I want to win. I want that trophy.


Royale With Cheese: The Burlesque Tribute to Pulp Fiction is going to be an amazing night, the biggest show we've ever brought to Joe's Pub. Among all the great stuff, I'm hosting our own version of the Jack Rabbit Slim's twist contest, with awesome dinner-and-a-movie prizes from Two Boots Pizza and Video, home, not at all coincidentally, of the Mr. Pink pizza.

BTW, this really was the last time Travolta was cool, right? Ok, maybe Get Shorty. And maybe (MAYBE) Face/Off. In the ads for his new movie, he cribs his own classic "Royale with Cheese" line, and it just makes me sad. But hey, free promo for our show!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Zach S. said…

    that sounds like an amazing good time! I'll be outta town that weekend, helping make comic books, but keep the updates coming. With plenty of pics!

    I'd show up dressed as the Wolf.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Brett said…

    Thanks Zach! Definitely a fan of Z for Zombies, BTW. Sorry you'll miss the show, because obviously you'd be there in the proper spirit. Oh yes, there will be updates.

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Anonymous オテモヤン said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Zach S. said…

    I wih I would've known about the Reservoir Dogs thing at Sunshine. I'm always on the look out for quality cinematic entertainment.

    Be sure to enter my blog contest too!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Brett said…

    Word.

    Hey, reading your older posts...are you really from Lorain? I was born and raised in Oberlin.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home