Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Monday, October 31, 2011

You're a New Yorker. You can handle it.

So, on December 9th I'm launching my first new show as a solo producer here in NYC, and I'm very excited about it. You make decisions when there's a transition in your producing life, whether to play it safe and keep doing the kind of thing you've already achieved success with, or you move forward and create something new that you can get really excited about. I'm going for it. And this is either my best idea ever...or my worst. Either way, you don't want to miss it. Seriously:

A night dedicated to all of the most out there, "did I really just see that?" crazy shit that New York's burlesque scene has to offer. That's what makes New York burlesque the best in the world, and there's never been a show entirely dedicated to that premise. Oooohh, it's going to be fucked up. And glorious.

And I've got BB Heart, Bunny Love, Creamy Stevens, Darlinda Just Darlinda, Fem Appeal, Fifi Dupree, La Maia, Schaffer the Darklord and Tigger! willing to come along on this ride with me. At the Bowery Poetry Club. Like I said: don't miss it.

Oh, and if that postcard looks a bit familiar to you...

Yeah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home