Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Did I dream this movie?

Looking up some pop-culture reference points for our upcoming show, and something popped into my head, a hazy memory from that time I'll call "the late 90s" when I was young-ish and foolish-er. A movie I believe I saw at about the hour 12 mark of a 24-hour sci-fi movie marathon at the Drexel Theater in Columbus, Ohio. I couldn't remember the name, and I almost didn't believe it really existed...so I googled "Buddy Holly kung-fu post-apocalypse" and BANG!

This is certainly the world's only movie about a Samurai sword wielding dude with an electric guitar strapped to his back, battling his way through the Mad Max knock-offs of a desert hellscape trying to reach Las Vegas to become the new King of Rock 'n' Roll now that Elvis has died. And I must be one of the 12 people who saw this in the theater.

Anyway, I didn't make it up, so that's good. This is fun, maybe this will be a regular feature.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home