Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Remember when he won an Oscar?

I just recently, finally saw the original version of The Wicker Man. It's excellent. They show it on IFC all the time and I highly recommend checking it out for 70s Brit flick weirdness-realness. The only flaw for me in that film is: it's not scary. And that's because Summerisle is basically just an awesome weekend vacation destination. I want to go there, and party with Britt Ekland and Christopher Lee.

But anyway, I've made a couple of attempts and have not been able to sit through the laughably, embarrassingly terrible 2006 remake starring Nicholas Cage. But really, this is a movie that was seemingly created just so it could become a viral video sensation, what with Nic running around, chewing scenery and kicking Leelee Sobieski in the chest...I was reminded of this when I saw this on Videogum:


Ok, now I have to get back to work. No, wait, ok, here's one more:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home