Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Take it easy baby, make it last-make it last all night!

This is one of those weeks where everything that I've taken on has arrived all at once, like a wave crashing on the beach (and for one desperate moment there, he crept back in her memory...wait, what was I saying?).

Anyway, I've found myself (by surprise) in the middle of the interview process for an intense new job, the same week as the final line-up of artists for my curatorial project is due, along with the text for the press release, along with a grant narrative for the freelance development gig that I really probably shouldn't have taken on, and Exotic World stuff, and the build-up to the November installment of What's My Line, which is tonight! I thought that the show was pretty much all set, and then I got a message last night from a contestant saying that he had eaten bad shrimp and was down for the count with food poisoning, and had to cancel. Ugh. So, a last minute scramble to figure that out...seriously this is all really eating into the time I try to dedicate every week to drinking beer and watching Tivo'ed America's Funniest Home Videos.

Frankly, I was wigging out a bit. And then, this morning I stopped on the way to the bus and grabbed the Village Voice, and What's My Line has a terrific listing. And then this afternoon we were listed in Gawker's To Do list. We also had a great listing in Time Out this week and the work we've been putting into building awareness of the show as a fun part of the City's pop culture nightscape is coming together. And it all reminded me about how much fun it is to do this show every month, with people I love, and have people come out and see it. It's all worth the effort. Seriously, take on that independent creative project you've been wanting to do; it's worth the late nights and the weeks when you don't really know how you're going to get it all done and still make it to your desk less then an hour late every morning.

Also, come out and see the show tonight! Parkside Lounge. 8:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home