Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

A couple of days ago, working on hours of volunteer data entry for the upcoming Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend, we had AMC on in the background, and It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World came on...certainly a 60s touchstone, and I confess I'd never seen it, and it quickly became obvious I wasn't missing anything, because the movie is really, really, really, really awful. But it did spark the "Is Jonathan Winters still alive?" conversation, and Jen said that absolutely he is, and reminded me of this:

Now, as an aside, this is part of Chelsea Peretti's very, very funny "All My Exes" series that she originally did for SuperDeluxe.com, which now, when you click on it, takes you to the Adult Swim website: they've been bought. So, good for them I'm sure, but it also means that her series has disappeared from the site, hence resorting to youtube. I shake my fist at Big Corporate Comedy Overlords!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home