Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Monday, March 07, 2011

Meta-Monday!

At my desk and Pandora just played Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap (on a Sleigh Bells channel. Not a bad choice, although I've noticed that Pandora is not nearly as far-ranging or interesting as it was, say, 6 months ago, right? More corporate? Fewer deep cuts or out-there connections? Still good because, you know, free, but much more repetitive and greatest-hits-ish.)

ANYWAY! I can't hear that song without thinking about this, and having to try not to laugh at my day job. It's so good because who remembers that scene, who makes the connection, it's just so good. Also: wow, now the OC and the SNL sketch that made this whole connection are starting to feel like relics of an ancient time called the middle-noughts or something, we are really running out of past and nostalgia is collapsing on itself. But this is still funny. Incidentally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Lindsay Robertson first brought my attention to this on the now largely abandoned Lindsayism.

ANYWAY! Here's the thing at Best Week Ever. You will have to search elsewhere for the actual SNL video, but you'll find it and it's worth it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home