Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Opening on Thursday: The View From Here

I do want to pass on to my 5 or so loyal readers and anyone else who has accidentally ended up on this blog that you are all cordially invited to the opening of my new curatorial venture, this Thursday January 11th from 6:00-8:00 PM, at the Skylight Gallery in the Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Center. Easy to get to, you can find directions on their website.

It's called The View From Here, and I'm really proud of the lineup of terrific artists:
Alfonso Cantu
Ian Cooper
Margarida Correia
Aisha Cousins
Richard Eagan
Tahir Hemphill
Jodie Vicenta Jacobson
Felicia Megginson
Adia Millett
Erika Somogyi
Sto
Swoon
Eugenie Tung
Jonna Twigg

There's something for everyone: photography, painting, sculpture, video...and if you can't join us for the opening celebration I hope you'll check out the show sometime, I'd love to hear what you thought of it. It's open through March 3.

We're wrapping up the installation tomorrow, and then it's just breathing a big sigh of relief, and going to the party! Oh, and wrap up What's My Line for next week! Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home