Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall in New York: playing the "what did I miss this weekend?" game

Well, it's Autumn in New York, although the weather is stubbornly summer-like, and I've hardly had a chance to catch my breath since August. Yes, a busy summer has turned to a very busy fall, and meanwhile, these are the weeks when the City's cultural life explodes, and every weekend is something else cool going on--as I've lamented before, I haven't made it to hardly anything! (Case in point; I haven't even had the time to catch up on this blog since...Sep. 28? Really? Hence this hasty and bitchy post.) Two weekend ago it was the DUMBO Arts Under the Bridge Festival. Missed it completely, although granted, past experience has taught me that it can be a real toss-up in whether it's worth the effort. But this past weekend was Open House New York, and I'm very bummed to not have made it to any of the Open House sites all weekend! That's a real drag. I hope everyone else out there isn't letting fall get past you-shake off that hangover a few hours earlier on Saturday, so you can get out and see these things before you have to get all the things done you don't have time to do during the week! (Or maybe I'm projecting.)

Anyway, one thing I definitely won't miss this week: tonight's installment of What's My Line? Live in NYC! It's going to be a fun one; we've got two of the coolest, most unique contestants I've ever had on the show, and a fun, seasonally appropriate mystery guest. Plus our guest panelist is the fabulous Marisa Olson! Marisa is a multimedia artist and performer, curator, writer, critic and all-around new media intellectual. She's also an extremely talented, funny and lovely person and it'll be a fun night all around. So, come on down to the Parkside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home