Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Boy, this takes me back...

...Courtesy of Lindsayism

Yes, in my slacker post-grad, mid-to-late '90's period in Columbus Ohio, one of my many careers included a short stint as a studio photographer at Glamourshots. And let me tell you, Glamourshots at a mall straddling suburbia and rural mid-Ohio, really was the definition of glamour. Yes, it was a special time in my life-why, I can still put anyone in the official Glamourshots pose: shoulder pointed toward camera, dropped forward, head at 3/4 view, cocked slightly away from shoulder-smile! This was supposed to be a flattering angle on anyone, even if we had to use clips to hold the shimmery bustier closed...actually, it kind of is flattering on everyone. Anyway, those months sweating behind the camera, helping people pick out their accessories and shilling photo packages is, to this day, the only time I've actually used my degree in fine art photography to earn a living. Good times.

As a sidebar, ytmnd.com is also good for all sorts of other funny timewasting shit-along with lots of insidery, geeky gamer humor that I don't get anymore. But really, look at this, or this or, more subtly, this, and tell me you didn't laugh at least once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home