Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

And sometimes, things kind of fall in your lap.

So literally a hour after I wrote the previous post, a curator and artist that I respect a lot and who used to be my boss at a previous job called me, and asked me if I would take on a really big, exciting curatorial project for a non-profit gallery space in Brooklyn, where she's co-coordinating the next exhibition season. It will be a ton of work, with lots of artists, and it has to happen fast. It's honestly the kind of project that can make or break a curatorial reputation, and I absolutely fucking leapt on it! So, all of sudden it's going to be a very busy fall (not that it wasn't going to be already! That reminds me, I still have to find one more contestant for WML next month...) but I literally couldn't be more excited about this project. And a little terrified. The moral of the story: never burn bridges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home