Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Show debuts tonight if City doesn't spontaneously combust first.

Well, the contestants are selected, we have a surprise mystery challenger scheduled to join us, our adorable hand-made set pieces are finished. We got the panel together for a run-through of the game last week over beers at the Parkside, with our lovely assistant Precious Little playing the part of all the contestants; it went so well that I can only hope the audience has as much fun with it as we all did! We were recommended in Time Out last week (and Lindsay gave us a shout-out!). And now, it's here, our debut night...during the hottest day in New York City history. I left our apartment this morning and literally--literally!--melted into a puddle right there on the sidewalk. Just boom, puddle. It's a wonder I made it to work. (Yeah, leaving early today.) But what can I tell ya, people: the venue has air-conditioning. Enough said. I'd go to a Republican Party mixer tonight if it had decent AC.

So, we'll see! We're throwing a party and I hope people come and have a good time. In the AC, did I mention that the bar has AC?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home