Pound Sign

New York City, pop culture, art and nightlife. Because nobody else is blogging about those things.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Oh, and it's Mardi Gras. Say, how's New Orleans doing these days? It's totally fine, right?

I was fully expecting the 6 train to be jammed with screaming Giants fans in blue face paint, brandishing foam fingers, heading down to the tickertape (shredded documents?) parade this morning. But I was surprised to find just the usual jam of vaguely sullen commuters like myself. Is everybody taking the 2 train to Big Blue Town? And of course the parade takes a route through, I learned today, a section of Lower Manhattan called the "Canyon of Heroes." Presumably, it's only called that on days when there are tickertape parades. Maybe they should change that; you'd feel pretty fucking triumphant grabbing your coffee and heading into your office every day in the Canyon of Heroes.

And there's too much going on all at once today, since this Super Tuesday (22 states, 16 primaries, 7 caucuses, 3,156 delegates, 152 page refreshments of Talkingpointsmemo by me.) represents the first New York primary in almost 20 years that's actually up for grabs. So, I don't care who you vote for, I refuse to offer my opinion and try to sway you, just go practice your right to vote! For whoever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home